Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving!

So Thanksgiving was fun. On Thursday we ate at Dan's mom's house and had the best food!!! She is one amazing cook! On Saturday we had a big thing with my family. We got there at like 11 and the guys put up my moms lights on house and then we waited for food!!! In the midst of stressful cooking and a full kitchen we started to smell smoke and my mom opened the oven to a cloud of smoke and finding out that someone had turned the oven up to 550 degrees! The fire alarm went off and everything. But the food wasnt ruined! So we sit down to eat and lucas was crying so I went onto another room to feed him and I hear everyone laughing their heads off. I come back and sit to only hear that the turkey my mom had cooked was 5 YEARS OLD!!!!! She had told everyoone not to eat the turkey after she had taken one bite and knew that it wasnt good. She was told it would be fine, but apperantly it was not! It was so funny because my mom usually doent really cook a big turkey or make a huge amazing meal for Thanksgiving and she tried really hard this year for the fam's sake. Everything else was so good though and we know that she tried really hard and love her for that! After dinner the girls headed off the Tai Pan for some decorative shopping and boy was it crazy! But we got some cute stuff! When we got home the boys took a break from the kiddos and went to see a movie. All in all we had a really good Thanksgiving this year. Thanks for the fun Thanksgiving mom!!

Levi and Alyssa watching Aliddin

2 comments:

Brent and Debbie said...

Erin, I just love those pictures of Levi and Lissa. And what do you mean I never cook a big Thanksgiving dinner? I just never cook a huge turkey. Arghhhhh...

Christensen's said...

I love the pic of you sitting on Dan's lap! You guys are so cute! And I'm freaking for sure coming Saturday! Oh I'm so excited! And is it strange that I don't think it will be weird at your moms house?