Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Lucas Burr Johnson!!!


Well he has arrived! Our little bundle of joy joined our family Monday morning at 9:37am. We were called Sunday afternoon by the hospital and were told that we would get a call to come in to get induced sometime Monday morning. Maybe 7 or 8 . Well we get a call at 6:30 asking us how soon we could be there. We were so excited that we were there as fast as we could drive there. So we arrived at 7 and I was hooked up to Petocin and given an epidural as soon as the IV was set . They knew that because of my prior birth with Levi that i would go fast, so they gave me the Epidural right then and said it would probably be about noon that I would have him......Well,well I have to prove everybody wrong. By 9:00 I started feeling contractions on my right side. I called in the anesthesiologist to check why I was feeling them even though I had the epidural. He gave me another dose and left. Right then I started feeling pressure and the nurse came in, looked under the sheets and said we were having a baby. They whisked in everything and got me ready really fast, brought the doctor in and started. I pushed for 10 seconds, then he told me to stop pushing, and all of the sudden...I hear a baby crying!!! I said "is he out?!?!" I didnt even feel it! He basically fell out of me!He was put on my belly and was the most perfect little baby in the world. I cried, of course, and held him close to me. Born at 9:37 weighing 6lb 9oz, he is the most beautiful thing and looks the exact opposite of Levi! Dark hair and a really round, small head! It was such an easy labor; I do not know what I did to deserve this treatment. I feel wonderful and could not be enjoying this any more. Levi came to visit us in the hospital and it was so good to see him! I missed him so much just being without him for a few days. He is not realizing what is going on and doesnt really know what Lucas is. But that is ok. He will get it. So things are well and everything is great! We love him and he is the best little baby boy! Thanks to all those good wished and visitors! We Love you!






6 comments:

Keri said...

What an absolute sweetheart! I can't wait to see him! He looks just perfect! Congrats and I hope you will get some sleep!!!

allieB said...

Oh Erin i am so happy for you!! What an addition to a wonderful little family!! Im excited to be his auntie!!!! I love you!

Ashley and Jordan said...

So I came into work this morning and looked at these pics of lucas, and I started crying.I don't cry. All I have to say is I'm super jealous.

Rachel said...

He's beautiful Erin! I am so glad you had such a good delivery. Way to go!

Angie and Dallas said...

I LOVE HIM!!! He is so beautiful! What a lucky delivery! I hope i get as lucky as you when the time comes... Cant wait to see you guys again! Tell my boyfriend Levi I say Hi!

Anonymous said...

Lucas really is so cute! I love his dark hair! Taking after daddy indeed! =) I am excited to meet him!